B and K Castle

B and K Castle
On our wedding day, May 1997

Sunday, March 4, 2012

March 4th, 2012

I walk almost every weekend with several women friends. It is a great walking group and it provides exercise with good companionship. Today we started walking in the sun. I even took my sunglasses to keep the glare out of my eyes. We were about 3/4 mile into the walk when I thought I heard a car/truck behind us. I turned around to see how far the vehicle was and I saw not a vehicle but a storm. I turned to my friends and told them to look behind them. Everyone turned and saw the heavy grey clouds low to the ground with the wind moving them quickly toward us. And that was when it started to snow lightly and then those clouds hit us and it snowed heavily. It was so pretty. Even in March when everyone is tired of the snow we could all appreciate the beauty of all that white falling softly around us. And of course, it was typical March weather because 10 minutes later we were walking in the sun again.

Life is good.

I went to my six month check up a few weeks ago and got a clear bill of health. I don't need to go to Seattle again for medical for a year. I just need to do three month blood work and check ups here in southeast Alaska. I will probably go to Ketchikan for the visits because there is a woman doctor there that everyone seems to like. If I need to be checked head to toe every three months I would prefer a woman and someone I don't see at the grocery store on a regular basis. I am thankful for my good health.

We are heading to Hawaii in a few weeks. I will post a few pictures of my family getting Vitamin D in a non-pill form. We are looking forward to some warm weather and some warm water swims.

Be well everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment